Morgins is a mountain biking region in the Portes du Soleil region of the Swiss Alps on the French / Swiss border. There are a selection of Downhill, XC and Freeride trails with chair lift access. There are green, blue, red and black trails and a pump track.
It's a quiet village and although it does not have the volume of purpose built track as its sister regions in the Portes du Soleil it is very close by to Champoussin and Les Crosets and you can nip across the border to Chatel in the French alps pretty easily. It is part of the Bikepark.ch region of trails.
The Morgins MTB Trails
- There are three Downhill trails. The easier is the La Derupe which is fast, flowy and fun. The next up in technical ability is La Tobogaine which is full of berms, jumps and roots and then the most tough is La Caragole which is steep and technical.
- Morgins has the infamous Freeride Xtreme downhill/northshore trail for expert riders.
- The cross country is good for beginners to intermediate level riders and there is also a Pump Track located in the centre of the village of Morgins by the M3S Bar and Ski School. It is a circuit of 15 rollers and berms.
- Lifts are open generally open end of June to the end of August.
- The Summer bike season will start with the iXS Swiss Downhill Cup the 7th and 8th June.
- Ben Walker has led the building of the trails in this region.
- You can also get electric MTB bikes (rented in 2 shops of the resort) with special practice trails.
- The trails here are part of the Bikepark.ch region which is made up of the four Swiss MTB areas of Morgins, Champéry, Champoussin and Les Crosets.
- If you have ridden any of the MTB trails in Morgins then please share you experiences and add some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.