Chatel is a mountain bike region in the French alps in the Portes du Soleil MTB area. Chatel offers downhill, freeride and XC mountain bike trails. It caters for every ability in all MTB disciplines.
Chatel consists of nine black runs, five reds, four blues and 2 greens. It's famous Bike Park is located at Pré-La-Joux, The trails here have been significantly invested in and developed over the last few years to include more features like bigger gaps, jumps and freeride options.
Châtel is also close by to Morzine and Avoriaz, (you can connect from these regions to Chatel from the Plaine Dranse area via the terrace trail). In total chatel offers 90km of mountain bike trails.
Chatel Mountain Bike Park
- The Chatel Mountain Bike Park is located at Pre-la-joux / Plaine Dranse and is accessed by the Pierre-Longue or Rochassons lifts.
- There are 20 downhill tracks most between 300 and 360 metres difference in height.
- It opens for the weekend in mid June and then every day from the end of June to the beginning of September
- The Panoramic - 2.8 km.
- The Serpentine - 3 km.
- The People - 2.5 km.
- The Blues & Rock - 2.5 km with 8 north shore sections.
- The Châtellane - 1.8 km.
- The Fluid - 2.5km.
- The Ric et Rac - 2.7 km.
- The S X 300 - 1.5 km.
- The Komatrautrail - 3 km.
- The Vorachatak - 1.5 km.
- The Ride Humble - 1km.
- The Dré dans l’pentu - 2.5 km. Black graded.
- The Gueps - 2.5 km. Black graded.
- The Bike Patrol - 2.5 km. Black graded.
- The Haute tension - 1 km. Double black graded.
- The Châ Nada shore run (off the Serpentine). Double black graded.
- The Coup de fouet - 2.5 km. Black graded.
- The Air Voltage - 2.5 km. Triple black graded.
- The Black Shore - 1 km long. Triple black graded.
- The Zougouloukata - 1 km long. Triple black graded
- You can find nearly all the north shore sectionS off the Blues and rock blue trail. The only other section is the Black Shore section above.
- This consists of two pump tracks, dirt jumps, a dual slalom and an airbag
The Face Mountain Style
- This is a triple black graded slope style park
- Introduction to North Shore for kids at the end of the Serpentine trail.
- There is also a new 3 km beginner and family DH trail being built for summer 2014.
- Lifts are open generally mid to end of June to September.
- Pass'Portes du Soleil is an annual event that takes in many of the regions of the Portes du Soleil region
- If you have ridden any of the MTB trails in Chatel then please share you experiences and add some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.