Morzine is a mountain bike downhill and XC destination in the Portes du Soleil region in the French alps. Served by the Pleney and Super Morzine lifts on either side of the valley with easy access to neighbouring Les Gets and Avoriaz there is endless mountain bike options.
The Morzine town has numerous restaurants and places to stay along with the customary bike shops for kit and hire.
Morzine has amongst it's wide network of trails 2 black runs, 2 red, 1 blue, 1 green and a bike park. The summit is at 1560m with a vertical drop of 560m. It's one of the most popular resorts so expect busy trails and braking bumps.
It is served by two lifts on either side of the village and the valley. The first is the The Pleney and the second is the Super Morzine lift. Together these both offer a decent number of downhill runs graded from blue, red, black and double-black.
Super Morzine Lift
- Here you will find five Downhill tracks. You can choose to plummet straight back down into the town or press on towards Avoriaz and Switzerland.
- From the top of the Pleney you can choose to ride down into Les Gets (and then on to Mont Chey) or you can head back down into Morzine. There are a number of trails down into Les Gets. The Pleney downhill has a vertical drop of 560m over a distance of 3.25 kms. Overall the tracks on this side are a bit easier than the Super Morzine side with beginner through to intermediate MTB trails.
- Lifts are open generally mid to late June to September
- Pass'Portes du Soleil is an annual event that takes in many of the regions of the Portes du Soleil region.
- If you have ridden any of the trails in Morzine then please share you experiences and add some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.