Laggan Wolftrax mountain bike trails are in Strathmashie Forest, in the Scottish Highlands. On offer here is a 5km Green trail, a 15km Red trail, a 6.4km intense Black trail and an Orange graded Bike Park.
A Forest Visitors Centre opened at Laggan Wolftrax in April 2015.
The centre includes a cafe, toilets, showers and an office.
The Wolftrax Green
- The 4.8km Green trail is actually enjoyed by riders of all abilities as it has real tree lined singletrack in it. It is though clearly focused on novices and young children. It runs between the Laggan Wolftrax hub and the community-owned Gorstean car park.
The Wolftrax Red
- The 15km Red graded trail starts just past the Bike Park. It is made up of two sections, the Upper Red Route and the Lower Red Trail.
The Upper Red Route section shares the climb with the Black trail and then adds it's own fast descent with optional features. The Lower Red Trail section has a multitude of features. It is on narrow black shale with embedded rock obstacles, drop-offs, rock causeways, boardwalk and lots of tough little technical climbs. It is renowned for features such as the challenging Air’s Rock, a slab similar to 'The Slab' at Dalbeattie, and the natural rock features of the Bhadain Boulder Field.
The Wolftrax Black
- The black route is 6.4km of very tight, very technical, single-track with big drop offs, boulder fields, rock steps and rock slabs. It's built for the rider that is ready to commit! Renowned features include the "2 Ton Drop" and the "Back, Sack and Crack Attack" (a triple rock slab feature). There is also the Devil’s Chessboard, a 40-metre rock slab staircase with 24 different levels. NB This trail is actually much longer as it includes at least half the Red.
The Wolftrax Bike Park (Orange)
- The Bike Park has 3.6km of Orange graded trail. The track is wide with a sealed-surface featuring big berms, tabletops and gap jumps. Novices can still ride it as it is all rollable. It is built with progression in mind up from the novice to the advanced rider.
- Download the Laggan Wolftrax trails map (PDF 1MB)
- In 2016 and 2015 Laggan took 2nd place in the iBikeRide Scottish Trail of the Year awards
- If you have ridden the trails at Laggan Wolftrax then please post your pictures, videos and reviews to the listing.