Van Rd Trails are a Dirt Jump and Trails Bike Park on Van Rd just outside Caerphilly in South Wales. The site was re-opened in 2012 after a long history to gain permission.
They now have a 10-year agreement with the Forestry Commission and are going from strength to strength.
- The site has jumps lines and a pump track and is progressive in nature offering beginner through to expert options. The jumps at Van Rd are free to ride.
- There are 6 lines of jumps from beginner to competition expert level. The beginner lines are rollable and pump track in nature.
- There are also two pump tracks on offer.
Group and Clubs
- Van Rd Trails is run by volunteers. The Van Road Trails Group (VRTG) has an active Facebook Group here
- Those responsible for getting the site rebuilt are Steve Aicheler (From Castle Bikes) and Kyle Bishop. The jumps were built by Jason Carpenter, with a bit of help from James Shaunessey and Sam Reynolds helped with the Pro Line.
- Historically the site had been torn down as it was deemed unsafe but with community leaders coming forward working with the Forestry Commission it was thankfully rebuilt. VRTG applied to re-build the dirt jump in the Welsh Government woodland at Coed Parc y Van and were successful.
- If you have ridden the track at Van Road then please share your pictures, videos and reviews to the listing.