Wales 15212
Worth a visit
Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

I stayed at the Llanddeusat youth hostel and the manager there recommended this trail over Brechfa. Hmm, not sure why?! Its a great little trail, but nothing like Brechfa. That said, the great advantage of this one is that you can repeat it in a single trip and so great for skills development as you can try the different sections more than once.
I rode it twice without stopping, and could have gone around more times, time permitting, although the slog up I can imagine becomes a bit demoralising.
The single track is not too technical. For Wales, I would say this comes under an easy red. And that means you can attack it quite fast. Even the skull and cross bones sections near the top are very do-able.

Facilities are limited to a car park and some picnic tables, although they seem to be kitted out with metal frames that allow you to bring portable bbqs (at least that's what I saw one group doing as I arrived).

There is also a nice walk to the waterfall, which is good if you happen to be in a group with non bikers.

User Review

Good Points
Fast and flowing
Good surface
Great views
Bad Points
Very limited - a single 6.7km trail
No on site facilities
Would you recommend?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments