Scolty Hill is next to Banchory town in Aberdeenshire.
It is popular with both walkers and mountain bikers and packed full of natural trails.
- For mountain bikers you take the way-marked cycle trail from Scolty car park and pedal west through Blackhall forest to Shooting Greens car park at the western end of the forest. You can return the same way or on a slightly different route. There are loads of trail options and at all difficulty levels .
- Also please watch out for the trails that are marked as not suitable for bikes. This is to protect against erosion so please respect them.
- The Deeside way, a long distance path from Aberdeen to Ballater, runs through Scolty.
- On the east side of Scolty Hill you will find downhill tracks that are steep, with drops and jumps.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike and or downhill trails at Scolty Hill then please share your experiences and post your reviews, pictures, videos and routes to this listing.