Les Arcs mountain bike trails are actually spread across a region encompassing 5 villages in the French Alps. The collective area is known as Paradiski. Bourg-Saint-Maurice is the busiest town and where you will find the Bike Park.
It has a vertical drop of 1800m to 2000m and has excellent XC, downhill and freeride MTB trails.
The MTB Trails
- There are 2 black tails, 6 red, 5 blue, 5 greens and a bike park. Spread across 180km of trails there is lots of MTB to choose from across every discipline and ability level. The downhill course in Arc 1600 is renowned for being one of the best. This is known as the Cachette Downhill course. Outside of Arc 1600 is the also famous Black 8 with its fast 800 metres of vertical descent.
- One of the best XC runs is the 30km run from the top of the Transarc cable car. From the bowl at Arc 2000, there is lots of singletracks which takes you down into Borg St Maurice. There is also some ace singletrack in the Vallandry/ Peisey Nancroix regions. Important to note that when folk say XC in this part of the world that does not mean tons of climbing. The uplifts take you up to the top of the XC too.
- There are definitely some great Downhill tracks but it is most renowned for its cross country XC scene. It's definitely a major destination for all mountain/enduro rider wanting to mix it up a bit. It's also quieter than the like of Morzine and Les Gets meaning fewer queues and fewer braking bumps.
- Lifts are open generally mid to end June to late August.
- If you have ridden any of the MTB trails in Les Arcs then please share your experiences and add some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.