Alpe d'Huez mountain biking trails are in the Oisans region of the French Alps. With around 35 trails (across all disciplines) and 260 km of track it's clearly well set up for Downhill, XC and freeride MTB. It's most famous for the Megavalanche enduro MTB competition held each year.
This MTB set up is very mixed. Due to the high altitude (3,300 metres) and a massive vertical drop of 2,600 metres you can find snow covered glaciers and rock but as you soon get further down there are also forests and meadows. Pic Blanc is the mount at the top and it takes you all the way into the Bourg d’Oisans valley.
The 260 km of trails is split 50/50 between XC and Downhill.
- 11 DH trails made up of two black, three red, three blue and four green. So Alpe d'Huez is great for beginners through to expert riders.
- Alpe d'Huez has one black, six red, one blue and one green enduro style trail across 100km of testing technical singletrack.
- The Megavalanche tops the bill. It is a 32km long, black graded trail, with over 2600m of thrilling descent.
- 11 XC trails in the Alpe d'Huez region ranging from green to black.
- There are four4 freestyle bike parks as well as a pump track and kids zone.
- Lifts are open generally open early July to the end of August.
- There is a dedicated MTB info chalet at the base of the DMC gondola.
- This region borders its sister MTB base of Les Deux Alpes.
- If you have ridden any of the MTB trails in Alpe d'Huez then please share you experiences and add some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.