Scadson FreeridePark is in Scadson Woods, Torbay in Devon based in 13-acres of woodland. There are 7 progressive downhill tracks and the trail community is always active maintaining and developing the site. For directions make sure you check out the map in the photo gallery.
You have to be a member to ride here so make sure you pre-sort out (details below). There is a day pass membership option as well as a 12 month one on offer so you can get a good feel for the place first. NB the day pass actually offers 2 days of riding as they are a generous crew. If you don't have a membership pass you put the park in jeopardy. So, no membership, no ride!
Scadson Downhill Tracks
- The track names are:
- There is also an area for beginners and a skills training area with a wide range of riding obstacles.
- The 7 downhill tracks are around 500m in length each. Each track is packed with a different combination of features from berms, kickers, gap jumps, tabletops, whoops, drops, rock gardens, step downs and step ups.
- Training Wheels
- Slippery Weasel
- Dirty Burger. Dirty Burger has two additional alternative routes to the bottom:
- Step-Up line
- Black Pig
- Red Wizard
- The trail building team used International Mountain Bike Association guidelines and ensure they avoid badger setts and important wildflower areas.
- Membership is essential for riding at Scadson as it this will ensure you are insured to ride (condition put in place by the Countryside Trust) and help the volunteer crew maintain the site.
- Two membership options:
A 2-day membership will cost £5 and can be purchased from Dialled in Bikes, Preston or via PayPal (please screen shot or print the receipt) or by contacting one of the park committees through the Facebook site.
A years membership costs £20 and can be bought from the British cycling website. Memberships run from January to January.
- NB Riders under 13 years can ride for free but must be accompanied by a full member, and all riders 13+ can now ride unaccompanied with the appropriate day pass/ membership.
- Only Members and pass holders are allowed access to the riding areas.
Your membership stickers/day pass must be clearly visible on your bike/helmet or your card should be carried on your person when riding.
A helmet must be worn at all times whilst riding, a full-face helmet is recommended, as is eye protection and body armour.
No alterations are allowed to any track or the riding area in general without the explicit approval of the committee.
Bikes must be well maintained and of an appropriate calibre to remain safe under the riding conditions of the trails.
Riding alone is not advisable (in the case of incapacitating accident). Carrying of a mobile phone is recommended.
Walking up the tracks at Scadson is forbidden for safety reasons, please always use the push-up
Do not stray outside of the designated riding areas and do not stray from the designated tracks.
Good and courteous behaviour towards fellow riders and other site users (ramblers, locals etc) is expected at all times.
Access to the areas is through the designated entrances only.
All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas. Vehicles are not allowed within the riding area.
No camping, fires or BBQ on site or in the car parks.
If you are riding please leave your pets (dogs) behind or keep them on a lead.
Riding whilst intoxicated is strictly forbidden.
NO LITTERING! If you brought it, take it home.
Anyone not complying with these rules will be asked to leave and could have their membership revoked without refund. Anyone found engaging in illegal activities whilst on site will be reported to the police and may be banned for life!
- If you have ridden the tracks at Scadson Freeride Park then please share your experiences with the community and post your reviews, pictures and videos to this listing.