Nan Bield Pass mountain bike trail in the Lake district is natural trail riding at its best. It kicks off from Staveley just by Kendal in North West England.
On the one hand you are talking amazing technical rocky descents and on the other hand it encompasses some of the toughest climbs (that often require you to carry the bike over rocky, loose and steep terrain).
Route options are listed below and vary from 33km to 40km so it's a tough long trail and you need to be fit, experienced and go well prepared.
Useful Sites with Routes
- The Edge Cycle Works has a downloadable map from MapMyRide as well as turn by turn detailed descriptions.
- MBR also has a neat downloadable map and blog style description
- MTB Britain takes you on a descriptive turn by turn guide of this route.
- Singletrackworld have a three routes in the South Lakes and the Nan Bield Pass is the hardest of the three. There is a neat PDF map and a blog style description of the route.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trail at Nan Bield Pass then pelase share your experiences and post some routes, maps, pictures, videos and reviews to the listing.