Ridden the Revelation trail and one of the black ones on 22 Sep. My first time and have to say that builders did a great job! Few points below:
- it's a tough trail, 9km took me 1.5 hrs to finish (it's a good thing, don't mind such trails!) I was not rushing and was bit tired after doing Long Mynd just before.
- the initial section followed by the switchback climb is top, really enjoyed that
- mid section is OK, but again hard work, not much flow or reward for the hard work:)
- enjoyed last third again, some good sections and steep slopes to negotiate.
Parking is small, but wasn't busy at the time of my visit. No facilities, which I don't mind
- Black trails not easy to find (was looking for them after the first climb, but the signs are not clear)
- There are a loads of unmarked trails, which is bit confusing sometimes
- it would be great to have a section or part of a trail, which would be even bit more technical (a highlight section or "signature" feature which would make the rider remember it, e.g. a drop or something similar)
Would you recommend?
Date written:03/10//2018 - over 5 years ago
Was this review helpful to you?