Review Detail

Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

I went here a few weeks back to ride with my mate who's new to MTB. We decided this would be a good start point as the blue trail looked fun, but was easy enough for him to enjoy. It's about 2 hours from me and I was suprised at how accessible it is-immediately off a main road with connections to the motorway. That said, you can end up encountering traffic as it's so close to London and other surrounding towns.

The riding itself is really, really good-well maintained trails mean that there's minimal distruption when you're hammering the well placed downhill sections complete with high berms and a few rollable jumps. We only did the blue on our first time there, but from what others told us the red is much the same, only more exciting.

If you can get down on a weekday, it will be much better. We went on a saturday and even with the 12 degrees temperature, I had to wait for a parking space. I've booked a day off work to go again as it's too much hassle driving all the way there to pray there's a space for you.

Ultimately, this is an excellent trail centre and is up there with the best England has to offer. I'd even place it higher than Cannock, which is my local, purely because of the trail quality and how well the sections are stitched together.

User Review

Good Points
Trails sections blend together really well for seamless flow
Blue is great fun and easy to get used to-even for beginners
Very well maintained
Great downhill sections well spaced out along the trail network
Bad Points
Can be a little confusing to figure out where to go once you reach the forest roads (handy to have Trailforks installed on your phone)
Car park is VERY busy on a weekend so finding spaces can be difficult
Maybe a little flat for some riders
Would you recommend?
Yes
C
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?