Saalbach Hinterglemm consists of a whole valley of connecting mountain bike trails using 5 different uplifts, with various trails from full Alpine 1100m descents to beginner friendly flow trails
- An awesome place to visit and tough to get round all of it in one day. The variety of trails here is massive. Full on World cup standard trails starting from 2000m to the valley floor at 900m. New routes seem to be opening up all the time here, it does get busy in high season summer, but with so much to explore people spread out well.
- Milka trail is the easy one, X-line is the demanding one. (Bottom section through the woods) There is single trail, some north-shore, drops, jumps, roots, etc etc. Some of it is natural free ride, some man made trail. Dotted across the mountains are various restaurants for snacks and drinks, which come in really useful.
- They have around 400 km paths and trails. In total there are many different freeride, downhill trails, bike parks, natural singletrack, a pumptreck, a bike technique area, events and camps.
- 2 good hire shops, one in Saalbach, one in Hinterglemm. The 2 villages are about 5km apart running along the same valley.
- Tip: From the top of the X line lift, drop down the first 300m of the x-line then take a left.... hike the bike the 15 minutes to the top of the ridge. This connects you in to the next trail that will drop you in to Hinterglemm. Its worth the hike!
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails in Saalbach Hinterglemm the please share your experiences and post some pictures, videos or a short review to the listing.