BikePark Leogang World Cup DH Resort is the new home of Austrian World cup downhill trail and lots lots more. Leogang is a small hamlet almost, with not a great deal there other than one hell of a mountain to bike down! Gondola uplift and the base station offer good mountain access, with a good hire shop, cafe restaurant, and loads of good parking. There is a small supermarket too. The BikePark Leogang and the Saalfelden Leogang bike region offer something for everyone whatever your ability.
- The trails are great, not beginner friendly, but intermediate up to pro level. Some of the sections on the World cup run are insane, huge drops where the only way down is with big speed and huge commitment, however there are easier 'chicken routes' accessible too. A big choice of runs too, with a 1000m of vertical, its not somewhere you will get bored with and at least 7 different variations to get to the valley floor again,
- At the bottom of the mountain is a good skills centre, as well as the dirt jump area. This is ever evolving as the trail building crew are alway building new stuff.
- Its kind of a mecca to DH bikers, and in the weeks leading up to the World Cup, you will often see some of the worlds best out practicing on the trails.
- The parking is also used as a camping area and is really relaxed, people set up BBQ area and sink a few beers. Its a good biker chill out place when you are not tearing down the mountain.
- Season kicks off much earlier than France on the 15th May 2014.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails at Leogang World Cup DH Resort then please share your experiences and post some pictures, videos or a short review.