One Giant Leap is a member only club Downhill Mountain Bike Centre in Llangollen, Denbighshire, North Wales. Details on membership can be found on the website link below. They have five downhill tracks that range to cover all abilities and so the centre is progressive in nature. There is an uplift service (you need to book) that lets you get in around ten to twelve runs in a day. The latest of the 5 tracks opened in August 2017.
One Giant Leap Tracks
There are five tracks:
- National Champs track
- BDS 2011 track
- Track 3 (this track is for both experts and beginners)
- Squirrel Track
- Ride Portugal Double black track
- Out of official events, only club members are allowed to ride the tracks.
- You can walk up for the uplift (use the road to the East of the track).
- Club members must display their club wristband on the seat post whilst riding the tracks.
- From the South on A5, from Oswestry head for Wrexham. At the roundabout in Chirk notice McDonald's to your right below the road, take the left turn for Llangollen. Head through Froncysllte towards Llangollen. Approximately 2 miles before Llangollen pass the Llangollen Golf Club on the right below the road. 200 metres after the Golf Club take a left turn signposted Maesmawr Road. Pass through Maesmawr Estate and take a sharp left signposted UCLAN Outdoor Centre. Pass UCLAN and we are the farm after the black and white house on the left approx 1 mile after UCLAN.
- From the North pass Wrexham towards Oswestry. When the dual carriageway splits, take the left lane towards Llangollen. Pass through Trevor towards Llangollen. Arrive in Llangollen and take a left turn at the Bridge End Hotel to pass over the bridge crossing the river Dee. At the traffic lights turn left and immediately turn right up the hill. Stay on the same road and pass the turning for Glyn Ceriog-do not take that turn. We are the second right turning after the Glyn Ceriog sign.
- One Giant Leap Llangollen Ltd, Tan Y Graig Farm, Llangollen, Denbighshire, Wales, LL208AR
- If you have ridden the Downhill tracks at One Giant Leap in Llangollen then please share your experiences and post a short review and or some pictures or videos to the listing.