Foel Gasnach is a specialist downhill mountain bike base in the Clocaenog Forest just outside of Ruthin, Denbighshire. It is a members only track run by the Foel DH Riders.
The track is set up with progressive development in mind and so caters for all abilities with a number of differing ability tracks. The downhill base at Foel Gasnach is remowned for being hard to find. The tracks are named in the order they were built in rather than the order you find them. The order you come across them is Track 2, then Track 4, then Track 1 and finally Track 3. Simple Sherlock.
- The Foel DH riders organise events and manage maintenance of the track. The club costs £10 per year. You must have membership to ride the track so get in contact with them on their website.
- Track 1 was the first track to be built. We don't have actual grading but this is known as the hardest. It has a rooty terrain and is very steep (you need to commit).
- Track 2 is the entry level track.
- Track 3 is no walk in the park.
- Track 4 is again steep and is twisty with small drops and a fun gap jump over a stream.
- If you have ridden any of the tracks at Foel Gasnach then why not share you experiences with the community and write a short review. Big thanks!