Elan Valley mountain bike trails are in the Cambrian mountains in Powys, mid Wales. It's a great scenic area for mountain biking with a rugged, unspoiled feel dotted with iconic reservoirs and dams.
It's also close by to both Coed Trallwm (just 5 miles south) and the Irfon Valley. One of the most popular routes is the Rhayader Round Route. Most of the popular routes start from the town of Rhayader.
Useful Routes and Sites
- These three routes all from start and finish at Rhayader and are available for Garmin download on the map preview in the Detail tab below.
- Rhayader Classic 32km (Hard)
- Rhayader Moderate 33km (Moderate)
- Rhayader Easy 19km (Easy)
- The route listed at this site is the Rhayader Round Route. This is a 33km route and probably the most famous in the area and includes two excellent descents. The MTB Britain site gives turn by turn directions. It's graded hard and expect tough rocky tracks, steep descents, technical riding and some boggy sections.
- If you have ridden any of the mountain bike trails in the Elan Valley area then please share our experiences with the community and add a review, pictures, videos, maps and or routes to the trail listing.