The Mull of Kintyre, Wee Toon mountain bike trails are in Beinn Ghuilean in the the southwestern most tip of the Kintyre Peninsula in southwest Scotland. The trail is split into two sections with a red (difficult) graded section and a blue (moderate) graded section.
Wee Toon Trail (Blue)
- The lower section of the Wee Toon trail is graded blue and is a short 2.7km trail overlooking the Davaar Island and Campbeltown. It is suitable for beginners & families and the terrain is an unsurfaced forest track. It has easy climbs and descents.
Wee Toon Trail (Red)
- The upper section of the Wee Toon trail is graded red and is a 2km short trail and has steeper sections than the blue with narrow single-track and technical sections. The downs lead in to berms, boardwalks, moderate steps, drop-offs and cambers.
- It seems you can ride each of these sections (blue and red) separately or join them together for one trail.
Groups and Clubs
- I could not find any but the local Forum is active with MTB talk so maybe post there.
- There is an annual MTB event called the MOKBIK (Mull of Kintyre Bike challenge).
Closest Bike Shop
- The Cycle Shop, 60 Longrow, Campbeltown PA28 6DD Tel: 01586 554 443.
- A map of the trails is in the Mid-Argyll cycling leaflet.
- Walkers have access rights on these trails too so watch out and please be considerate.
- The area has been immortalised by the 1977 hit song "Mull of Kintyre" by Paul McCartney's band of the time, Wings (I bet you are humming it now)