Mabie mountain bike centre is just a few miles South of Dumfries in Mabie Forest in the South West of Scotland. It's a well catered for centre with a cafe, bike hire and a shop (not always open) on site and most importantly it has trails for all levels.
They have a Green, Blue, Red and an Orange graded Bike Park.
Mabie is part of the 7stanes network.
Big Views Loop (Green)
- The Big Views Loop trail is a green-graded, 8Km long track that is a respectable 30% single-track and takes about 1 - 2 hrs to complete. Mainly on forest road it keeps to the shallowest gradients in the forest.
Woodhead Loop (Blue)
- The Woodhead Loop is a blue graded moderate 10km trail consisting of 25% single-track and takes about 1-2 hours to nail. This has some steeper climbs with a long easy descent as the reward.
Phoenix Trail (Red)
- The Phoenix is a 19km red graded trail consisting of 80% single-track and taking 1-2 hours to ride. This is a mix of natural and hand carved terrain. Rocky steep climbs, fast flowing descents with jumps, roots, more rock sections, switchback climbs, rocky descents, drop off's, berms and sections of North Shore. Sounds great.
Dark Side Bike Park (Orange)
- The Dark Side is an orange 3.8km bike park. It consists mainly of narrow elevated wooden "North Shore" sections with some granite thrown in for good measure. Walk it first would be the advice. It features off-camber step-ups, drop-offs, skinnies, gap jumps and rock features. It ranges from 60cm at its widest point to a scary 10cm. It climbs to 1m above the ground, and takes you through a gap jump at 4ft wide and an elevation of 7ft.
Lochbank Loop (Purple)
- The Lochbank Loop is a purple graded 23km long with no singletrack and takes around 1.5 to 3.5 hours to ride. It is made up of public and forest road.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails at Mabie Forest then please share your experiences and post your reviews, pictures, videos and tracks to the listing.