Bike Park Ireland is a Downhill MTB centre in Tipperary, right in the middle of Ireland. There are 6 downhill trails from Green through to Black as well as a Pro line and a very large pump track.
There is an efficient uplift service or you can tackle the 2km climb.
In 2016 they revamped the red jump trail, added a new natural red / black trail and a blue intermediate jumps trail.
- The Pump Track is the largest Pump Track in Ireland.
- This road is especially for the Uplift Service/Army Truck to transport people and bikes to the top of the trails. !The uplift service operates approx 3-4 times per hour on uplift days and it is the only Bike Park in Ireland that has this service
- The Green trail is a 2km descent, ideal for families and beginners of all ages from 6yrs+ It has lots of gentle slopes and meandering bends around features and trees. The surface is hardcore gravel from start to finish. Any type of mountain bike is suitable for this trail. (All weather trail). You can test out the Blue teaser section on the Green trail before you decide to go down the Blue trail. (All weather trail)
- Lots of little technical sections to enhance your skills. You will enjoy it on a hardtail* bike but it is quite bumpy and much more enjoyable on a full suspension bike. (All weather trail)
Blue - Intermediate Jump Trail
- New for 2016 there is a blue intermediate jump trail
- The Red trail, also known as a “Free Ride Trail”, has loads of big berms and table tops from start to finish. Rowan Sorrell has done a great job building this trail because if you’re not experienced enough to clear the table tops (yet!) you will still be able to roll over them. This trail is very unforgiving on a hardtail* bike. A full suspension or Downhill bike is much better suited for this trail. (All weather trail)
Red/ Black Natural Trail
- New for 2016 and initially graded red it has been upgraded to black whilst it beds in.
Black 1 - Expert
- Single track, with lots of off-camber roots sections and drops. A full suspension Downhill bike is the best suited for this trail
Black 2 - Expert
- Single track, with lots of off-camber roots sections, rock gardens and drops with roll-arounds. It’s fast and flowing and is still regarded as one of the favourite tracks here. A full suspension Downhill bike is the best suited for this trail
Black 3 – Expert, with a purple road gap jump
- Tough, steep berms, rock gardens, drops and a road gap. A full suspension Downhill bike is the best suited for this trail
- The Enduro Climb trail is a 2km climb to the start of all the downhill trails. It’s a single track with hardcore surface all the way to the top. It takes 15-20 minutes (20-30 minutes with children) to cycle the climb
- If you have ridden the tracks at Bike Park Ireland then please share your experiences and post your pictures, videos and or a review to the listing