Chamonix mountain biking trails are great for XC, downhill and there is some freeride too. The terrain is old school flowing singletrack that can be rocky and steep in places. The Balme and the Houches sites are the two sites best placed for Downhill riding in the Chamonix valley. In the summer it's busy with hikers so be aware. Overall there are around 20 marked trails.
The Balme site
- Green DH - The Marmottes is a green graded downhilll 2.5 km ride with 363 metres of vertical descent.
- Blue DH - The Chevreuil is a 2.5km blue graded downhill track with 348 metres of vertical drop.
The Houches site
- Blue DH (with red options).
- 4 km blue graded track
- Les Houches has jumps, drops and berms.
- Chamonix Valley Rides - This is the valley floor area. Popular MTB trails are the Petit Balcon Sud or Petit Balcon Nord.
- Le Brevent & La Flegere Mountain Bike Trails - Accessed via the Brevent or Flegere cable car. Steep and challenging with tight switchbacks.
- Les Grand Montets Mountain Bike Trails - Accessed from the Lognan cable car. Technical descent with tight switchbacks.
- Le Tour Mountain Bike Trails - Easier MTB riding. Greens accessed from the Charamillon gondola and the Autannes chair lift. There is also a blue trail here.
- Vallorcine Mountain Bike Trails.
- Servoz Mountain Bike Trails.
- Lifts are open generally open end of June to the end of August.
- If you have ridden any of the MTB trails in Chamonix then please share you experiences and add some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.