kielder dead water trails
(Updated: September 13, 2013)
Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

I have only traveled a little in england and scotland on my bike and when i moved to kielder i found we have the largest and longest downhill section in england.

User Review

Good Points
:rattle snake (black) great fun to ride fast flowing and some nice jumps drop offs and a great rock garden half way though. if you keep going to the top of dead water you will be meet with some insane views that stretch from the west coast to the east coast dead water fell is one of only 3 places in england you can see coast to coast.

:jimmys hill (red) great technical up hill section with 4 rock gardens and some good climbs its all worth it to get to twist and shout or up and over.

:up and over (black) well i think this one explains itself half way up jimmys hill turn left to the up and over this is a great fitness and skills test even for the experienced rides devils elbow is very hard to climb on your wheels i have to admit i have never been able to complete on my wheels, there are rock gardens 12 inch wide north shore and a fantasic downhill section with 4-5 foot drop offs and 6 foot jumps the burms are slightly washed away but they are in the process of being repaired. ( THIS TRAIL IS CLOSED UNTIL 2014 )

:twist and shout (red) carry on up jimmys hill and you will come to a t junction where you can turn left for the super bowl or right for twist and shout, the super bowl is a power bowl with 5 corners and 20 foot downhill decents. twist and shout is a really really fast flowing track with speeds to be gained around the 35 mph mark you no your riding when you are going like a bat out of hell there are a number of different terrains to comprehend from loose soil to gravel northshore and rock this track has it all. thanks to the trail reavers for putting grip take strips on wood stock (OPENING SOON) and a big thank you to tony from the forestry for taking the time to repair this track ready for next years tourists. the end of twist and shout brings you to the trails area and skills loops which are brilliant and well worth a potter around.
THANK YOU TO ALL AND EVERYONE WHO HAS PUT THE EFFORT IN IN BUILDING THESE GREAT TRAILS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS AND GIRLS.
Bad Points
:no up lift service
:no phone signal
:up and over is closed
Would you recommend?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account?