Machynlleth and Dyfi mountain bike base is based by Machynlleth in the Dyfi Forest south of Snowdonia in Powys in North Wales. They are also referred to as the Mach trails. There are four main trails: Mach1, Mach2, Mach3 and Cli-mach X. There is also a pump track. The first three are natural trails running deep into the forests and mountains. The ClimachX is waymarked
As this is a base each trails facilities will differ on an individual basis and generally be very limited or non existent. So make sure you come prepared.
Mach1 - (Blue)
- Mach 1 is a 16km fast natural blue trail and is not too technical.
Mach2 - (Red)
- Mach 2 is a 23km red run. The up is very steep and so the down is as rewarding.
Mach3 - (Black)
- Mach 3 is a 30 km black run. It shares much of the Mach 2 route and then heads out further into the countryside. It’s famous for the Chute which is very steep, rocky, and dark.
- Climachx is a 15k red run. It is in the Dyfi forest and has 9km of carved single track with rock slabs, drops, turns and jumps. Famed to have the longest xc descent in Wales thisincludes the famous 'eye of the needle, a huge jump with a narrow landing between two trees on the other side.It ends with 8 big berms.
- Machynlleth has a mini pump track, funded by The howies Dyfi Enduro & Machynlleth Town Council.
- The Dyfi Enduro is a mountain bike event/festival that takes place in Machynlleth every May. The event pays for the upkeep of the trails. So check it out. They have their own Facebook page
Clubs and Groups
- The Dyfi forest is used for motor sports events on about 5 weekends a year. On these days the ClimachX trail is closed. So check out the website.
- If you have ridden Cli-MachX or any of the Mach trails in Dyfi forest then please share your reviews or post some pictures or videos to this listing.