Review Detail

Comrie Croft - possibly my favourite trail centre
Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Comrie Croft is a hidden gem, a perfect half days riding with a mix of truly natural feeling black and red trails with the grin factor or one of the best cheekiest blue descents I've ever ridden!

User Review

Good Points
Comrie Croft is a well constructed little secret - calling it a trail centre undermines it in so many ways as the trail centre puts it up against Glentress and alike and this is so very different. The 10 k route is short enough for a morning/afternoon blast or a chilled out day with a two or three loops interrupted by by cake and coffee in the tea garden and a play in the skills area.

The Hairy Coo red and black loop offer a test of uphill climbing followed by technical steep descents which will leave any rider elated (I finally did the top section with no dabs and this was a big step for me). The shoot into the water is a right hoot!

The addition of the new blue loop is excellent - the gruelling fireroad climb has been replaced with gentle switch backs with stunning views across the valley. The descent has three main parts - a slightly techier top section with option black features followed by a pump track and berm section which is smooth and fast and finally into a dual slalom style park at the end. The blue is a great finish to the red or even a fast loop on its own.

I can't wait for the new red loop to be added!
M
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?