Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

User Review

Good Points
First of all don't be confused by the length, this isn't your standard machinebuilt trail centre with long simple sections between features, there's stuff happening pretty much all the time- much more concentrated riding. Ace. The black is pretty challenging in places, harder than most xc blacks- you might think that with the xc race connection this'd be an easier place but it is certainly not. Basically this is a less vanilla, more handcrafted and unique ride- the Drumlanrig of the east maybe

The location is lovely too, climbing up from the valley you get excellent views and the immediate surroundings are way nicer than your average forestry commission tree factory.

There's a large and varied skill area with jumps, drops, even a seesaw and a wee pumptrack- I found the pumptrack to be pretty muddy and sticky when I visited so couldn't get much joy out of it but I'm sure it'll be great when dry.
Bad Points
The first climb is not pleasant! Uses an existing landrover track and is a bit of a winch up from the car park. Nothing to cause any real problems but not quite what I need after a pre-ride cake :) But you'll most likely be doing laps, at least once round the red and the black, so going back up the 3rd or 4th time gets harder! The climb further up is great though, really interesting and varied.

The difficulty level is a little bit up and down and it would be easy to get caught out- I love that but for the less confident rider it might be hard to get your head around.

Would you recommend?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?