XC and Enduro Heaven
(Updated: September 23, 2014)
Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

The Red grade cross-country trail at Innerleithen is a step up from Glentress. You will either love the climb or hate it, its pretty steep and not particularly technical but the bright side is once you get to the top of Minch Moor that's pretty much the climbing done and you have a large chunk of descent, a brief climb and then the final fantastic descent down Caddon Bank. The descents are fast with various red and black grade features (there is also a short black trail which I have not ridden but I have heard its not fantastic). Besides the XC route there is a wide range of 'secret trails' which are often used in the Enduro races and they are more natural and more technical descents but often with the need to do some sharp fire road/push-up path climbs. Some of the DH trails are pretty accessible to xc/enduro riders such as Make or Break.

Update: Innerleithen and area is quite possibly THE place to ride enduro in Scotland with constantly evolving trails to be found at Innerleithen trail centre and (quite literally) around the corner at the Golfcourse - more specifically in the woods above it! With its use as an Enduro World Series leg to continue in 2015 we can expect further developments in the coming months.

User Review

Good Points
Lots of trails
Lots of fun
Technical, pushing skills
It is close to the town/village where there is Alpine Bikes and i-Cycles for bike related stuff and also a Co-op and an awesome ice cream parlour for food and drink.
Would you recommend?
Yes
T
Top 50 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account?