Mountain biking in Wales has it all. Based in the Brecon Beacons National Park, we have over 100km of superb natural trails that are hardly used, and we can provide the guiding and experience to enable you to have a satisfying & rewarding time. Alternatively we can guide you around Trail Centres such as Afan/Glyncorrwg using some great off piste trails, Brechfa, Nant yr Arian, Coed y Brenin
Our Guides are qualified British Cycling approved MTB Leaders & MIAS approved instructors, & fully experienced in all of the above types of mountain bike riding. They are also trained in emergency first aid skills, and in some cases ML Mountain Leaders.
If you would like to brush up on your skills, we can provide coaching, instruction & mountain bike courses to help you get to the next level. We also are recognised providers of the MIAS Mountain Bike Instructor Courses
Routes can be from half a day to multi day with overnight stops in various locations.
Get off the beaten track with our MTB Guides in Afan & Glyncorrwg. Don’t just ride Whytes or the Gap, our MTB Guides know the unmarked routes to mix different sections of trail with off trail and to provide you with a new riding experience.
Why not consider letting our guides take you farther afield to Brechfa, Coed y Brenin or a Trans Wales tour for a few days. How about a Night Ride with lights where you can experience a different type of riding.
Whether you are an individual, group, Hen or Stag party, or on a Corporate or Teambuilding event, then we can help you have a rewarding experience.
Wondering why you need a guide? Why not just follow the GPS, signs or map and save the money?
Here are some reasons why we think a Treads & Trails MTB Guide offers excellent value for money:
• Nationally Registered Guides who are Qualified & Experienced, CRB checked.
• Provide Coaching & Instruction to help improve your skills.
• Emergency First Aid certified and trained in trailside repairs.
• Knowledgeable about the area & many different route options most of which are not signed or marked, navigation skills and trail conditions.
• Saves you time whilst riding, makes the ride seamless with ongoing route descriptions and no need to ask “where do we go now?”.
• Able to discuss local history and points of interest.
• Customer focused, with your safety and satisfaction paramount, Excellent customer feedback.
• A Full Days Guiding for £23 per person for a group of 5.
MIAS Wales - Mountain Bike Instructor Courses
If you are interested to lead Mountain Biking groups in Technical, Rocky & Demanding terrain, we are an approved MIAS provider of the NVQ nationally accredited Mountain Bike Instructors Award Scheme, and courses are run in association with Taff Cycle Training who are the only MIAS accredited company in South Wales.
Holders of the MIAS award can also join the Association of British Cycle Coaches and benefit from significantly reduced rates for Public Liability Insurance.
Courses are run on a regular basis throughout the year, and are based around the Abergavenny area, which has excellent road and rail links and is within 30mins of Bristol and Cardiff.
We use the superb natural mountain biking trails in the stunning Brecon Beacons National Park.
See our videos on our YouTube page 'TreadsandTrails'