Review Detail

Guides and Skills Coaches T Themountainbikerockschool 1285
Down Hill Course
Overall rating 

Enjoyment Factor 

Value For Money 

Skills Progression  

Having been into MTBiking for a few years my riding has developed from local rides to trail centres and now into the more technical/demanding terrain of the Peak District.
A recommendation from a riding friend and after a few big stacks I thought it was good time to get some expert advice from somebody that knew how to ride a bike properly.
From meeting up at the designated location I felt totally at ease with Jonathan who wanted to know all about what riding I did and he soon got into the teaching starting of with warming myself and the bike up thru a series of exercises involving using and being taught how to use the back and front brakes properly this soon got more technical and I learnt how to position my body on the bike to maximise braking efficiency.
We then moved onto cornering, again this started of with jonathan watching how I cornered and then teaching me how it should be done.
We then practiced some bike control techniques flicking the back wheel which is used to scrub speed in corners and bike balancing at slow speed on a beam.
After a lunch break and a chat we headed on to a small technical section of DownHill track, where Jonathon firstly showed us how to approach a downhill section first walking the section and looking at lines tru it then to riding thru it, we then got more technical by adding in braking points and working these before extending the section and leaning how to squash a jump.
Once the confidence was up and Jonathan was pleased with our ability he set us a time to beat on this section and using the new skills learnt we went out to try and better his time (we wasn't far off in the end) after these fun and games we moved onto a long section of downhill where we checked lines and where told how to approach the drop offs and any other technical features before having a complete run to wrap up a great day.

User Review

Good Points
In depth knowledge in all key areas approached
Willing to anwser all questions and show you how to master them

Bad Points
None
Would you recommend?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account?