Rother Valley mountain bike trails are situated in Rother Valley Country Park in Sheffield. They have red, blue and green waymarked trails. There is also a black downhill run. The terrain is a clay base so can get muddy.
The volunteer community are active in organising dig days to maintain and develop the trails. All development is co-ordinated exclusively through the Rother Valley trail community.
Rother Valley Red
- The red MTB trail is a short 5.4 km XC loop full of climbs, descents, technical features and sweet single-track. It is for experienced riders only.
Rother Valley Blue
- The 4.2 km blue novice trail has more of a natural feel. It is an extension to the green (you branch off by crossing the river via the ‘A Frame’ bridge before passing Playdales play area).
Rother Valley Green
- The 5km green trail is a family friendly all-weather surfaced flat rail around the lake. Good for all types of bikes including bike-ability adapted bikes.
- A 1km downhill track with jumps, drops, rock gardens and berms.
Avoid the Gloop
- This is a 10.5 km trail specifically put together to avoid the muddy trails when the weather is dire. It follows hard surfaced tracks only.
Groups and Clubs
- Rother Valley Riders - trail building community.
- If you have ridden any of the MTB trails in Rother Valley then please share you experiences and add some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.