Haldon forest mountain bike trails are situated in Haldon Forest Park near Exeter in Devon. It is set in a woodland forest of 3,500 acres with scenic views it is home to five mountain bike trails, a bike skills area and a pump track.
- Ridge Ride Extreme Trail - Black
- Ridge Ride Trail - Red
- Light Blue Spicers - Blue
- Dark Blue Kidders - Blue
- Discovery Trail - Green
- Pump Track
- Skills Area Bike Park
Discovery Trail (Green)
- The Discovery Trail is an easy family friendly 1.5 mile (2.4km) route on a fully surfaced track.
'Spicers' (Light Blue)
- This is 2.3 miles ling and stays up on top of the ridge line, a good step between green and blue grades
Kiddens (Dark Blue)
- This is a 4.0 miles long blue trail
Ridge Ride Trail (Red)
- The Ridge Ride Trail is a shortish 6 miles (10km) in length and is graded as difficult encompassing more technical sections, tighter corners and steeper descents combined with fast flowing singletrack.
Ridge Ride Extreme (Black)
- The Ridge Ride Extreme trail covers a short 0.6 miles (1km) and is graded as Severe in ability and effort. In reality this is an optional Black graded section of the Red above rather than a trail in it's own right. It consists of rocks, berms, drops and step downs.
Bike Park Skills Area and Pump Trail
- The pump track and bike skills area are built with progressive skills development at its ethos.
Cycling Clubs and Groups
- Haldon Forest is part of a network of trails in the South West and so forms part of the wider 1 South West project that is creating an off-road cycling region for people to enjoy adventurous off-road cycling and progress their ride.
- If you have ridden any of the Haldon Forest mountain bike trails then why not share your experiences, post some pictures, videos and / or leave a quick review.