Hackney BMX or otherwise known as Haggerston BMX bike park is situated in Haggerston Park in Hackney, East London. It is an urban bike park with an active community similar to it's sister sites Lordship Loop in Tottenham, Brixton BMX in Brockwell Park and Peckham BMX. It has just has a super smooth new surface laid (check out photo).
The BMX Track
- It is built in a "W" design and has jumps, step-ups and big berms. You can pump without pedalling, manual or jump. A great progressive park. It's open all year (not to be ridden at night mind) and free to use.
- The first section is the smoothest for manualing and jumping and is often done as it's own mini loop. It of course benefits from a slight downhill gradient .The second section requires more concentration and technique in a way as the gradient is lost slightly so you need to pump to maintain speed and momentum.
- It was completed in March 2011 by Bike Track working with Hackney council, Haggerston Park Users Group, Access Sport and volunteers. It is part of the 5 BMX tracks built as part of the Olympic Legacy project.
Club and Groups
Closest Bike Shop
- Volt BMX in N16 (about 3 miles away). There may be a nearer one but I'm not aware. This one is pretty good.
Share and Review
- If you have ridden the BMX track at Hackney Haggerston Park then why not share your experience and write us a short review and or post some photo's or videos in the community Section.