50 Acre Wood is in Abbots Leigh in Bristol. The mountain bike trails are managed by the volunteer run Bristol Trails Group, very close by to the trails of Leigh Woods and Ashton Court.
It has two MTB trails: a family friendly 11km long Timberland Trail (connecting onto Ashton Court also) and a more XC enthusiast short 3km trail.
50 Acre Wood Trail (Ungraded- Pink Waymarking)
- This trail is ungraded but more rugged and a step up from the Nova and Yer Tiz trails in the neighbouring Leigh Woods and Ashton Court. It is just over 3km long and is hand carved in nature by the volunteer group. It is fun in an old school kind of way. It is compact, rooty, with some rocks thrown in, has a number of technical obstacles like logs, drop offs (optional) and rocky descents. You ride it clockwise from the squeeze stile.
- The riding here is quite prone to mud (NB I hear the neighbouring Leigh Woods trails protects better for all year riding).
Yellow Trail (ungraded - Yellow Waymarking)
- The yellow trail is for families and beginners. It is 11km long and goes through the Ashton Court Estate.
- You can see the trail Map here.
- Built and maintained by the Bristol Trail Group. Go get involved. They are trail advocates for Bristol, doing great stuff and quite a social group.