England 41843
Sunny Grizedale
Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

Rode Grizedale for my second time last week and I thought I would show the place some love! I rode the Red Route and whilst one of the sections was closed it still made for an enjoyable leg stretch after the long drive down from Scotland. The red route can be completed in under a couple of hours which makes for a more relaxed Lake District ride if you are there for a few days and tackling some all day natural epics.

Grizedale really comes alive though if you link it in with some of the local natural trails. You complete the first two ascents (which I really enjoy, nice and rocky and you feel like you're achieving something rather than pounding up fire roads) and then head over onto Parkmoor overlooking Consiton. From here you enjoy some awesome wild riding across the moorland and a couple of techy rocky descents into Satterthwaite village (good pub here too for lunch). You then get a good climb out of the village onto Breasty Haw which links you back onto the Grizedale Descents. So you get all the fun of a swoopy trail centre descent, with some awesome natural riding in between rather than the fire road monotony which Grizedale alone can be! This loop takes a good 5 hours I reckon.

User Review

Good Points
The staff in the bike shop are great and very knowledgeable (they fixed me up with a very nice new full suss in May and checked it all over again for me this visit).

Natural feel trail centre (I like the mud, puddles and slippy rock, it is the Lakes after all)

Can be easily linked with natural trails for a full days riding
Bad Points
Parking is pretty pricey, but then again you are in the National Park
Would you recommend?
Yes
Epic Views
M
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account?