Wagrain Bike park was designed and built in 2008 from one of the original founders of Whistler bike park. It is located in the state of Salzburg in Austria. Wagrain is a man made park, build in to the ski resort and forest, with 11 different trails all accessed by Gondola uplift. It caters for novices to experts.
- There are flowing trails with smooth, fast, huge bank curves, table tops, north shore sections, Rooty trails, one of the smoothest wall rides in Europe, North shore, a jump park, single-trail runs, and Symphony trail...the big drop in trail for intermediates and experts. the routes can be done in single sections or joined together, so it offers a lot of choices to mix and match your riding here.
- The park works well as all abilities can use it and you can easily progress and hone your skills. It is mainly all weather surface too so runs well in all weather conditions. Its comparable to UK style parks except the uplift is much higher than you will find in the UK
- Wagrain Bike Park is great fun on a full 8 inch downhill bike, but Enduro bikes can handle it too as it is well maintained and the drops are not extreme
- There is a good shop and hire centre at the base of the park and a pizza restaurant too. 1km from the park is the main village with other services, shops etc.
- Tip: If hiring a bike, then book it in advance. Sometimes they are all booked out in the high season of July and August.
- If you have ridden any of the tracks at Wagrain Bike Park then please share your experiences and post some pictures, videos and or a short review.